Day labourer’s house gutted in Sylhet fire

UNB

11th November, 2019 11:01:45 printer

Day labourer’s house gutted in Sylhet fire

The house of a day labourer was gutted in a fire at Baonpur Paschimpara village of Bishwanath upazila in Sylhet on Sunday.

Ashiqur Rahman, Khajanchi Union Bazar Committee general secretary, said the fire originated from an electric short-circuit at the house of Alkhas Ali in the area in the in the afternoon.

Locals tried to douse the fire but could not save the house of the day labourer, he added.

Alkhas and seven members of his family are now forced to live under the sky.

Rama Prosad Chakbarty, officer-in-charge of Bishwanath Police Station, said he had not been informed about the fire but he will look into it.


Top