An itchy and dry scalp is an irritating factor for everyone and needs to be treated well to have shiny tresses.
From regular cleansing with a scalp compatible shampoo, sun protection methods like covering head with scarves to religiously massaging are a few steps that can give you a healthy scalp, say experts.
Experts shared out some tips:
*Regular cleansing with a scalp compatible shampoo like oily scalp shampoo or sensitive scalp shampoo is a must to counter the excessive oil, sweat and dirt build up in the summer.
*A soothing, refreshing scalp masque to keep the scalp balanced (hydrated or soothed) and deodorized is another must do.
*Keep the scalp clean and dry to avoid scalp irritations.
*Wear a scarf or sun hat when exposed to direct sunlight.
* A specific scalp treatment or ritual to counter any concerns is recommended once in 15 days to a month (depending on the intensity of concern).
* Drink lots of fluids to keep the skin and scalp hydrated
* A scalp detox or scalp deep cleansing once in 15 days will keep scalp concerns at bay.
* Keep your hair deep conditioned, hydrated and frizz-free with the right products
* Regular (weekly 3-4 days) massage to scalp, hair, and ears with a natural oil for at least 10 minutes each time is a must.
* Massage is followed by hair wash with a natural hair cleanser.
* Do not use hot water for head bath and opt for lukewarm water
* Dry the hair completely without using a hair drying blower.
* Apply any of the natural non-sticky hair oil or cream in less quantity post hair wash
* Avoid frequent use of styling gels or sprays on the hairs.
* Consume plenty of water especially in the morning and keep rehydrating
* Avoid over exposure to sunlight or wind.
* Exercise using half of your strength rather than straining too much.
* Do Pranayama for at least 10 minutes a day.