Muslim Aid Pakistan got registered on September 14, 2005 (Company No. 24340). And while this branch is the newest one, Muslim Aid USA and Muslim Aid UK have been already working with the Pakistan branch, as recent as in February 2020.
The relationship of Muslim Aid Pakistan with other branches is rather peculiar. In other cases, despite sharing senior functionaries, different branches show their groundwork (whatever worth it is) independently, except in case of Pakistan.
The official newsletter of Muslim Aid in 2009 had noted that they had appointed retired Lt. General Khalid Latif Mughal as Chairman. Lt. Gen Khalid has served in the Pakistan army for 36 years. He was also the in-charge of the Analysis wing of ISI along with many other accolades under his belt.
Name: Lt. Gen. (R) Khalid Latif Mughal
Profession: Retired Army Lt. Gen. & General Incharge of the ISI Analysis Wing.
Achievements: Lost Kargil War against India and Served Pak Army for 36 years.
Board of Trustees of Muslim Aid Pakistan as of 2017:
• Dr. Hasan Sohaib Murad
• Lt Gen (Rtd) Khalid Latif Mughal
• Farooq Salman Murad
• Muhammad Manazir Ahsan
• Dr. Tanvirul Hasan Zubairi
• Zahid Pervaiz
• Syed Mohammad Tanzeem Wasti
If ISI is there, how far behind Jamaat-e-Islami Would be?
As noted earlier, apart from the fact that some of their members were serving on their respective boards also had links with the Pak branch of Muslim Aid, the various branches of Muslim Aid also work with the charity wings of Jamaat-e-Islami- Al Khidmat. ‘
Al Khidmat Foundation is a Pakistan-based NGO and is known to be the charity wing of Jamaat-e-Islami. Terror outfit Hizbul Mujahideen is aided by Al-Khidmat. They also work closely with Ghazali Trust, another charity wing of JeI and even aid Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin. Total Collection and Help in a Nutshell
The Web: USA-UK-PAK
That these fronts have symbiotic relationship is also evident from the common ‘Board Members’ across various branches. In fact, these various fronts have revolving door, where the key operatives keep moving from one to another. A total of four members of Muslim Aid USA, UK and Pakistan are common across the ‘Boards’ of these organizations:
1. Muhammad Manazir Ahsan- (USA, UK & PAK): Manazir Ahsan served as the director of Muslim Aid USA in 2015 & 2016. In 2017, he was serving as one of the board of trustees of Muslim Aid Pakistan. Earlier, he was also the chairman of Muslim Aid UK in 2014. To his credit, Manazir Ahsan is also reported to be the chief coordinator of the riots against author Salman Rushdie over his book ‘the Satanic Verses’ in 1989.
Ahsan also runs Islamic Foundation (managed by Kube Publishing Limited) as its chairman in the UK. It has been reported that two trustees of Islamic Foundation had been put under US sanction list for their links with terror outfits Taliban and Al-Qaeda.
2. Farooq Salman Murad (UK & PAK): Farooq Salman Murad is a resident of Britain and one of the trustees of Muslim Aid Pakistan. He was the director of Muslim Aid International (chapter of Muslim Aid – UK, which is now dormant). Farooq is the son of Khurram Murad, the Vice President of Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan and President of JeI Bangladesh, now seems to be carrying the Jamaat legacy.
In addition to Muslim Aid, Farooq Murad is also connected with Kube Publishing Limited whose chairman is Manazir Ahsan. In fact, Farooq Murad was the director of Kube Publishing Limited when it was formed back in 2006.
3. Syed Mohammad Tanzeem Wasti (UK & PAK): Currently, Syed Mohammad Tanzeem Wasti is one of the trustees of Muslim Aid Pakistan. Earlier, he was the Secretary of Muslim Aid UK (2009) and director of Muslim Aid International (2008-12) which stands dissolved at present. Other than Muslim Aid International, Wasti was also associated with three other companies in UK, one of which has terminated its operation.
4. Sir Iqbal Sacranie (USA-UK): Sir Iqbal Abdul Karim Mussa Sacranie was the secretary of Muslim Aid UK in 2015 & 2016 as already instanced in the Muslim Aid USA part. He was also elected in the Executive Committee of Muslim Aid UK in 2012. He is also one of the “British Islamist” who had backed fatwa against Salman Rushdie during his book release (The Satanic Verses) in 1989, His Muslim Aid UK colleague had coordinated the riots against Rushdie.
The Network: Organic or by Design
The common linkages were not only evident from their members who keep switching the organization, but also from the social media platforms of these fronts:
The common handles among these various Muslim aid chapters especially Muslim aid Pakistan and Muslim aid UK – which indicate that some of these platforms might have been promoted by same set of handles.
The Epicenter of Charity Industry
While all these fronts of Muslim Aid are linked to each other, Pakistan is the central control/ coordinator point. Some members served one stint with US & UK branch were later promoted to Pakistan front as much evident in the cases of Manazir Ahsan, Farooq Murad and Mohammed Tanzeem Wasti. It won’t be an exaggeration to say that the entire network has been under the one common center in Pakistan, also seen in the social media fronts of UK & USA which are managed from Pakistan as well.
However, the most glaring example is the manner in which different organizations ostensibly being run from different continent by entirely different set of people running exact replica of fund-raising campaigns. They not only share the fund-raising platforms but also adopt similar fakery to project the never delivered aid procuring random images from Getty or Shutterstock or sourcing fake photos through their ground operatives. They also do not have any local partners and do not provide details of their beneficiaries.