Govt orders closure of all madrasas

Staff Correspondent

7 April, 2021 12:00 AM printer

The government has ordered all madrasas, including Qawmi ones, to shut until further notice amid a surge in coronavirus cases in the country.

A notification was issued by the Technical and Madrasa Education Division of the Education Ministry signed by its Additional Secretary (Madrasa) Habibur Rahman on Tuesday in this regard.

It was mentioned in the notification that the Prime Minister’s Office on March 29 issued a gazette notification asking for keeping all educational institutions closed while a lockdown is now underway in the country.

Earlier, the government issued an order to keep all educational institutions, including madrasas, closed until May 22.

“But we came to known that some residential and non-residential madrasas are still open, which is very risky. So, Qawmi and all other madrasas will remain closed until further notice,” said the notification.

However, only orphanages will remain open, it added.

The government will not accept any excuse in this regard while the order will come into effect immediately, the notice said.

All educational institutions of the country remained closed since March 16 last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.

 


Top