Tuesday, 30 November, 2021
E-paper

Uncle, nephew die after inhaling toxic gas inside septic tank in Tangail

  • Sun Online Desk
  • 23rd October, 2021 01:28:28 PM
  • Print news

A man and his nephew died after inhaling toxic gas inside a reserve septic tank in Dewjal village of  Tangail’s Delduar upazila on Saturday morning.

The deceased were identified as Masud, 35, son of Abdullah of Narunda village at Pathrail union in the upazila and Elahi, 38, son of Ismail Hossain of Khagjana village of Tangail Sadar upazila.

Tangail Fire Service Senior Station Officer Idris said Masu and Elahi took part in clearing a under construction water reserve tank at the house of late Fazlul Haque in the area this morning at 9:00am.

When both failed to return, locals informed the fire service. Later, they reached the spot and recovered the bodies from the tank.

Tangail Additional Superintendent of Police Sarwar Hossain confirmed the matter.