Two youths received burn injuries when the gas cylinder of a kitchen exploded at a tin-shed house in the city’s Shyampur on Tuesday evening.
The injured were identified as Md Sajib, 24, and Hafijul, 23. Both have been residing at the tins-shed house near Dhaka Match factory, Shyampur.Jakir Hossain, a roommate of the injured, said both Sajib and Hafijul are workers of a workshop. While they were cooking in the afternoon after returning from their workplace, the gas cylinder exploded when fire was given to the burner at around 6:30 pm, he said.
They were rushed to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH). Quoting physicians of the burn unit, DMCH Police Camp in-charge Inspector Bachchu Mia said, Sajib received eight percent burn injuries, while Hafijul 30 percent.