Sometimes simple rice dish can be customized with your favourite vegetables. If you do so, it will give you a different flavour and remember that sometimes it’s good to test your taste buds.
• 2 cups chinigura rice
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 onion, minced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds• 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
• 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 carrot, minced
• 1/2 cup minced green beans
• 1/2 cup minced cauliflower
• 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• Rinse and drain rice 3 times. Place rice in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover; set aside to soak.
• Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion, ginger, cumin seeds, fenugreek, and turmeric until onion just begins to brown, for 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook and stir until onions are browned, for 5 to 10 minutes more.
• Drain rice and mix into onion mixture; cook and stir until rice is dry and lightly toasted, for about 3 minutes.
• Stir peas, carrot, green beans, and cauliflower into rice mixture; pour in broth. Cover saucepan and bring liquid to a rapid boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender, for 12 to 15 minutes.
• Remove saucepan from heat and fluff rice with a fork. Stir cilantro into rice, return lid, and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.