Lower back pain is a common condition. Almost 90 to 95 percent people are suffering from such kind of pain. Some ligaments of waist are more prone to injury than others. Moreover, waist carries the weight of whole body and thus it is more vulnerable.
During the upcoming Eid-ul-Azha, holidaymakers will undertake long journey through buses, trains, planes and other mode of transports to go home. At that time, such type of pain will be turn into a severe one. Moreover, a swollen knee occurs when excess fluid collects in or around your knee joint.
What to do
1. Don’t sit for hours during a long journey and remain active through some walking, moving around.
2. You can do ankle circles from either a sitting or lying position. Start by turning your ankle around slowly in circles to the left, then the right.
3. In case of fluid accumulation (a condition called edema) in the legs, raise and lower your heels while keeping your toes on the floor and raise and lower your toes while keeping your heels on the floor.
4. A Lower back pain relief belts and a knee cap can assist persons in getting relief from back and knee pain simultaneously.
6. You must avoid lifting weights (heavy bags, suitcase etc) until the pain subsides.
7. Wearing shoes that are too tight will harm your feet, even if they are slightly too small.
8. Keep anti-inflammatory spray or balm with you during journey and
9. Drink sufficient water. Dehydration often causes foot cramps.
Prof Dr M Amjad Hossain
(Recipient of Independence Award 2021 and
war-maimed freedom fighter) Chief Consultant and Head of Department, Orthopaedic
Surgery, Labaid Specialized Hospital (3rd floor) Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Hotline: 10609