Bangladesh informed of KSA decision

Staff Correspondent

13 June, 2021 12:00 AM printer

Saudi Arabia has informed Bangladesh of its decision not to take pilgrims from abroad this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.

State Minister for Religious Affairs Ministry Faridul Haque Khan disclosed the decision of the Saudi government on Saturday.  “The Saudi Arabian government has informed that pilgrims from any country outside Saudi Arabia will not be able to perform Hajj this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic,” he said.

“Hajj will be performed on a limited scale with Muslims from Saudi Arabia and Muslims from other countries residing in Saudi Arabia,” he added.

Some 64,000 people registered for the Hajj this year and had been waiting for permission from the Saudi government.

Mohammad Anwar Hossain, senior information officer at the Ministry of Religious Affairs, said, “Registered people who have deposited money can withdraw the money through application if they wish - that announcement has already been made.”

Last year, pilgrims from abroad did not go to Saudi Arabia due to the coronavirus pandemic that spread around the world. However, a limited number of Saudi nationals and foreigners residing there get the opportunity to perform Hajj under various restrictions.

Last year, the number of people allowed to perform Hajj is about 10,000. However, about 25 lakh people perform Hajj every year, of them 20 lakh people go from abroad.

 


Top