Different socio-cultural organisations, political parties, professional and autonomous bodies and educational institutions pay rich tribute to the martyrs of the Liberation War on Friday, marking the golden jubilee of independence.
(1) Wreaths of flowers are placed at the altar of the National Memorial in Savar.
(2) Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina welcomes her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi by presenting him with a bouquet at the VVIP tarmac of the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
(3) The prime minister witnesses the signing of the visitors’ book by her younger sister Sheikh Rehana at the National
Memorial in Savar on the outskirts of the capital.
(4) The Indian prime minister pays tributes to the martyrs of the 1971 Liberation War at the National Memorial in Savar.
(5) Leaders of the 14-party alliance, including Tofail Ahmed and Amir Hossain Amu, meet the visiting Indian prime minister.
(6) Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury pays tributes to the martyrs,
(7) Central leaders of Awami League
(8) Leaders of Jatiya Party meet the visiting Indian prime minister.
(9) DSCC Mayor Sheikh Fazle Noor Taposh
(10) Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD)
(11) Dhaka University,
(13) Army personnel fire 50 shots from cannons at the Mirpur
(14) Maritime University,
(16) Chattogram Mohila Awami League,
(17) Chattogram District Awami League,
(18) Defence Secretary Dr Md Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal speaks at a discussion,
(20) BSTI and
aircrafts spell numeric ‘101’ and ‘50’ in the sky during a formation flying. —ISPR / PID / SUN photo