Worker burnt alive in Bogura mosquito coil factory fire

Our Corresponden

14 March, 2021 12:00 AM printer

Bogura: A worker died in a fire that broke out at a mosquito coil factory in Sadar upazila of the district on early Saturday.

The deceased was identified as Belal, 25, a resident of Shahzadpur upazila in Sirajganj district.

Locals noticed the fire at "One Mosquito Coil" factory at at Shikarpur area under Namuja union at around 6:00 am and informed the fire department, said Abdul Hamid, assistant director of Bogura Fire Service and Civil Defense. Three units of firefighters rushed the spot ant brought the blaze under control after two hours of their hectic efforts, he said.

Belal's body was recovered from the debris after the fire was doused, Abdul Hamid said, adding that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.

Regarding the matter, Bogura Sadar Police Station OC (investigation) Abul Kamal Azad said they do not know whether the factory has a legal licence or not.

The law enforcers are investigating the matter, he added.

 


Top