NEWS in brief

One electrocuted in Ctg

Staff Correspondent

26 May, 2019 12:00 AM printer

CHATTOGRAM: One person was electrocuted at Sitakunda upazila in the district on Saturday morning.

The deceased was identified as Md Shafi, 45, of Madanhat area under the upazila.

Sources said Shafi came into contact with live electric wire and sustained injuries while cleaning wastage from roof of his house in the Madanhat area around 10:30am.

He was rushed to Chattogram Medical College Hospital (CMCH) where doctors declared him dead, said ASI Alauddin Talukder of the hospital police outpost.