Thursday, 9 December, 2021

Another Rajon murder accused held; SI Aminul withdrawn

  • Sun Online Desk
  • 15th July, 2015 10:44:10 AM
  • Print news
Another Rajon murder accused held; SI Aminul withdrawn

Popular News

Police arrested another accused in the murder of teenage boy Rajon from Tukerbazar area under Jalalabad police station in the city on Tuesday night.


The arrestee was identified as Moyna, night guard of Sundar Ali Market in Kumargaon area and a resident of Pirpur village, reports UNB.


Additional deputy commissioner of Sylhet Metropolitan Police (SMP) Mohammad Rahmat Ullah said local people of Pirpur village caught Moyna at about 10:00 pm and informed police.


Later a police team from Jalalabad police station arrested Moyna with the help of a local union parishad member, Enam, and local people.


A total of five people have so far been arrested in connection with the gruesome murder of the teenage boy.


The four arrestees were prime accused Muhit Alam, 26, his wife Lipi Begum, his brother Quamrul Islam, 24, and their cousin Ismail Hossain Ablus, 32.


Of them, Quamrul was arrested in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Monday,

Lipi and Ismail in Sylhet on Monday while Muhit was arrested when trying to dump Rajon’s body on July 8.


Besides, Sub-inspector of Jalalabad Police Station Aminul Islam, also plaintiff of the case, has been withdrawn on charge of misbehaving with Rajon’s father and helping accused Quamrul Islam flee abroad.


SMP deputy commissioner Quamrul Ahsan gave the withdrawal order.


A special tribunal will try the killers of Rajon who was tortured to death at Sundar Ali Market in Kumargaon area of the city on July 8, said Deputy Commissioner Joynal Abedin while visiting the victim’s family at Badeali village in Sadar upazila on Tuesday.


“The trial proceedings will be completed quickly through forming a special tribunal,” the DC added.


He also said the murder case will be enlisted as a sensational one in the next meeting of the district law and order committee.


The deputy commissioner also gave Tk 20,000 to Rajon’s father on behalf of the local administration.


Deputy commissioner Quamrul Ahsan of Sylhet Metropolitan Police (SMP) and other high officials visited the house to console the family members.


Meanwhile, a court here on Tuesday placed accused Ismail Hossain Ablus on a five-day remand in connection with the gruesome murder.


Judge Farhana Yeasmin of the Judicial Magistrate Court-2 passed the order after police produced Ismail before her court seeking a seven-day remand.


Besides, two witnesses to the brutal torture – Ajmat Ullah and Firoz Miah – gave confessional statements before anther court.


Judge Sahedul Karim of the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court-1 recorded the statement of the duo.


Akter Hossain, officer-in-charge of Jalalabad Police Station, confirmed the matter.


Besides, Rajon Hotyar Bichar Bastabayon Sangram Parishad organised a protest rally at Tukerbazar on Tuesday afternoon.


Speakers at the rally demanded capital punishment of the killers and withdrawal of policemen who showed negligence of duty regarding the incident.


Besides, a section of lawyers urged all not to provide any legal assistance to the accused in the Rajon murder case.


They also threatened to go for a greater movement if the accused involved in the killing are not arrested immediately.


On the other hand, Jalalabad police conducted a drive at the house of father-in-law of Quamrul Islam, who was arrested in Saudi Arabia on Monday, at Pagla Bazar in South Sunamganj on Tuesday to arrest his (Quamrul) wife.


However, police could not arrest anyone during the drive.


The 13-year-old boy, Sheikh Samiul Alam Rajon, son of Sheikh Azizur Rahman of Badeali village in sadar upazila, was brutally tortured to death over a theft at Sundar Ali Market in Kumargaon area of the city on July 8.


The killers themselves took the video footage of the incident and uploaded it on the internet.


The video clip went viral on social networking site Facebook and video-sharing site Youtube which caused an outcry.


The video footage of the teenage boy being brutally tortured has triggered an outcry on Sunday.


Jalalabad police filed a case against four people, including Muhit, his brother Quamrul Islam, 24, their associate, Ali Haider alias Ali, 34, and guard Moyna Mia alias Boro Moyna, 45, in this connection.


Rajon died of brain hemorrhage following the torture, said the autopsy report on Monday.