For something very different, try these oven-roasted cauliflower steaks seasoned with a simple lemon-garlic sauce. Serve the steaks with sauce or topped with roasted cherry tomatoes, sliced green olives and crumbled feta cheese.
• 1 large head cauliflower, sliced lengthwise through the core into 4 'steaks'
• 1/4 cup soyabean oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste• Salt and ground black pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Place cauliflower steaks on the prepared baking sheet.
• Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
• Brush 1/2 of the olive oil mixture over the tops of the cauliflower steaks.
• Roast cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Gently turn over each steak and brush with remaining olive oil mixture.
• Continue roasting until tender and golden, for 15 to 20 minutes more.