Murir Moa or puffed rice ball is a traditional sweet item made with puffed rice and jaggery. During the celebration of Pahela Baishakh, people love to take this scrumptious snack as it is not only healthy but also tasty. If you are thinking of preparing crunchy Murir Moa on this Pahela Baishakh, try this recipe.
• 250 grams crisp puffed rice
• 250 grams date palm jiggery
• 3-4 tablespoons of water
• Ghee according to taste (not mandatory)
Directions• If the puffed rice is not so crisp, you can broil the puffed rice in a cast iron skillet for about a minute to make them crisp.
• Take a heavy bottom pan and add the jaggery and water and bring it to boil on medium heat. Stir it frequently and cook it for 10-12 minutes until the jaggery syrup becomes sticky.
• To check it properly, you can pour a drop in the bowl of water and if it does not mix with the water and does not loose shape in the water, then the jaggery syrup is ready.
• Turn off the heat and add the puffed rice and mix well with the syrup. Do not let the syrup cool down; otherwise it would not be possible to create balls.
• Now apply little ghee to your both palms. Take a palm full of mixture and press gently to give the shape of ball. Repeat the process for the remaining mixture. Your puffed rice balls are ready to be served.