Monday, 2 October, 2023

Nine houses gutted by fire in Sunamganj

SUNAMGANJ: About nine houses were reportedly burnt down in a fire at Shantiganj upazila in the district on Tuesday.

The incident happened at Aktapara village under Dargapasha union around 9pm.

According to locals, the fire originated while a gas cylinder of the kitchen at a house exploded with a loud noise at 9pm. Then the fire spread to the adjacent houses instantly.

Later, being informed, fire service personnel went to spot and brought the fire under control with the help of local people.

Shantiganj Fire Service Station in-charge Jisan Rahman said, “On information, we immediately went to the spot and brought the fire under control. But before that, nine houses were burnt to ashes in the fire. The fire incident happened due to gas cylinder explosion.”

Shantiganj UNO Anwar Uz Zaman and upazila parishad vice chairman Noor Hossain visited the spot. They said, the local UP member has been asked to provide the list of victims. They will be helped soon.