Saturday, 30 September, 2023
E-paper

5 of a family burnt as charger fan explodes

  • Staff Correspondent
  • 10 June, 2023 12:00 AM
  • Print news
5 of a family burnt as charger fan explodes

Popular News

Five members of a family received severe burn injuries after a charger fan explosion in Fatullah of Narayanganj on Friday morning.

The injured Salam Mondol, 50, Bulbuli, 40, Putul, 25, Sonia Akhter, 27, and Mehejabeen, 7 are now under-going treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.

One Shohag who took the hospital said they suffered burn injuries after a charger fan caught fire which originated from an electric short circuit.

The incident occurred when the family members were in sleep at night. After hearing a explosion, we went there and rescued the victims, he added.

Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery resident surgeon Dr Md Tariqul Islam said around 42 percent of Sonia's body, 70 percent of Salam's body, 25 percent of Bulbuli's body, 60 percent of Putul's body and 35 percent of Mehzabin's body were burnt and they all are in critical condition.