Tuesday, 30 May, 2023
E-paper

Rickshaw-puller electrocuted

CHATTOGRAM: A rickshaw-puller was electrocuted as an electric wire from an electric pole fell on him under the influence of cyclonic storm ‘Mocha’ in the port city on Sunday morning.

The ill-fated was identified as Md Jahedul, 25, son of Mahatab Ali of Oxygen in the city’s Bayezid area.

 Sources said Jahedul was pulling rickshaw in the rain under the influence of cyclonic storm ‘Mocha.’  All of a sudden, an electric wire from a pole got torn due to the wind and fell on Jahedul.    He fell down from the rickshaw due to the shock and it caught fire.

Later, locals doused the blaze and rescued Jahedul in a critical condition.

The locals rushed him to the Chattogram Medical College Hospital (CMCH) and admitted him to the Burn and Plastic Surgery Ward where the on-duty doctor declared him dead, said CMCH Police Outpost In-Charge Nurul Alam Ashek.

Quoting the doctors, Ashek said, 35 per cent of the body was burnt in the fire.