Sunday, 5 February, 2023

3 women burnt in city ‘gas leakage’

Three female members of a family suffered burns in a fire caused by an apparent gas leakage at their house at Uttarkhan area of the capital on Friday night, reports BSS.

The injured were identified as Dalia Akhtar, 35, her mother Alea Begum, 50 and her niece Anjana Rahman Laiju Akhtar, 29. On receiving information, a firefighting unit rushed to the spot and extinguished the blaze.

Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Uttarkhan Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Abdul Majeed said that the accident took place on the third floor of a building called ‘Dream Palace’ located at Rajabari-Atipara area under Uttarkhan Police Station around 8.30 pm.

All victims were taken to the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery (SHNIBPS), he said, adding that two of the injured are being treated there and one has returned home after treatment.

However, the condition of Laiju among the burn-victims is said to be critical, he added.