Sunday, 27 November, 2022
E-paper

SSC candidate electrocuted while playing badminton

  • Our Correspondent
  • 14 November, 2022 12:00 AM
  • Print news
SSC candidate electrocuted while playing badminton

Popular News

CHANDPUR: An SSC candidate was electrocuted at Faridganj upazila in Chandpur district on Saturday night while playing badminton in the yard.

The deceased was Shuvo, 16, son of Manik Bepari, a resident of Bhola Gazi village in the upazila. He took part in the SSC examination from Grihokalindia High School this year.

Locals said Shuvo came in contact with a live electric wire while connecting it with light panels of a badminton court at the yard around 8pm, leaving him critically injured.

He was rescued by his friends and rushed to Faridganj Upazila Health Complex where the on-duty doctor him declared dead.

Dr Muzammel Hossain, residential medical officer of the hospital, said Shuvo had died before being taken to there.