A fire broke out in a plastic factory at Shyampur in the capital on Monday.
But, soon, firefighters managed to douse it.
On information, eight units of fire-fighters rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control around 3:40am, he added. The fire originated from an electric short circuit, said the official.
No casualties were reported, he added.
In another incident, a fire broke out on the 6th floor of the 12-storey building of Tax Commission in the capital's Segun Bagicha area on the day.
The fire broke out at 1:45pm.
On receiving information, four units of Fire Service and Civil Defense rushed to the spot.