Thursday, 2 December, 2021
E-paper

Faruque denies getting any offer from BCB

  • Sports Correspondent
  • 10 November, 2021 12:00 AM
  • Print news
Faruque denies getting any offer from BCB

Popular News

Former chief selector Faruque Ahmed on Tuesday denied getting any offer from the Bangladesh Cricket Board to join them in a similar capacity.

Faruque’s name was raised after the debacle of Bangladesh national cricket team in the ICC T20 World Cup as many believed that current chief selector Minhajul Abedin’s failure as a chief selector was one of the reasons behind their poor result.

“I have seen just like everyone that but officially I’m yet to get any offer. So it’s very difficult to comment at this point. But when the offer comes, we will talk about the working environment and many other issues. So at this point of time, it will be premature if I comment anything regarding the subject,” Faruque told The Daily Sun.

Faruque, the former Bangladesh captain, however, said that if he is offered he will take a decision considering all the pros and cons.

“Whatever I have done as a chairman of the selection committee previously I tried to contribute to Bangladesh cricket and I hope I have done those successfully,” he said.

“Considering that point, I always wanted to work with the BCB. But I don’t want to look back on the previous controversies.

“As a former Bangladesh captain I always want Bangladesh cricket to go ahead and if I get an opportunity to work with Bangladesh cricket I will definitely try to contribute,” said Faruque, who stepped down as the chief selector in 2016 after BCB introduced a new selection committee.