JASHORE: A woman, who received severe burn injuries after her husband set her on fire in Sadar upazila of the district on Tuesday afternoon, died one way to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) early Wednesday.
Deceased Shirin was the wife of Jewel Sarder of Arabpur Mathpara area under the upazila.
Hearing hue and cry from the house, neighbours rushed to the scene and found Shirin in a critical condition.
She was rescued and admitted to Jashore General Hospital where she was referred to Khulna Medical College Hospital.
She, later, succumbed to her burn injuries while being taken to the DMCH for better treatment.
However, Jewel went into hiding soon after her death.
The deceased’s father Khalilur Rahman alleged that Jewel set her daughter on fire by pouring petrol over family feud.
Regarding the matter, Kotwali Police Station inspector (investigation) Tasnim Alam said legal action would be taken after investigating the matter.