- Arms Case: Court awards 30yrs jail to DGHS driver Malek
- Voting to 160 UPs, 9 municipalities underway
- Transport workers withdraw indefinite strike in Sunamganj
- PM leaves Finland en route to New York to attend UNGA
- Mobile internet speed increases only by 15 percent in Bangladesh, one-fourth of global average
People stand in a queue to buy kerosene oil used in cooking stoves in Colombo on Thursday. With the country of 21 million already facing shortages of imported cooking gas and sugar because of the lack of dollars, the Central Bank of Sri Lanka increased its deposit and lending rates by 50 basis points to 5.0 percent and 6.0 percent respectively.
- 20 August, 2021 12:00 AM
- Print news