Tuesday, 28 September, 2021
E-paper

Anti-5G campaigners vow to fight on after legal setback

Anti-5G campaigners vow to fight on after legal setback

Popular News

LONDON: A crowdfunded legal case attempting to stop the rollout of 5G has been blocked by a judge.

But the group behind it, which has raised more than £160,000, has said it will continue its battle to try to obtain a judicial review, reports BBC. The lawyers behind the case, including human rights barrister Michael Mansfield QC, have been involved together in other crowdfunded cases, so far without successful outcomes for their clients. The case raises questions about the nature of crowdfunded legal action as well as the debate over 5G, which mainstream scientists believe poses no greater risk to health than other wireless technologies.

A group called Action Against 5G has brought the case using the Crowdjustice platform to raise money. The group says it is “supported by many people nationwide from all walks of life including doctors and scientists”.

It argues the government is failing to protect citizens from the health risks from 5G networks, which it says will add to existing harmful radiation from mobile phones, wi-fi networks and smart devices.

The legal action has been brought on behalf of three complainants.