The government has once again extended the ongoing closure of all educational institutions until August 31 as the coronavirus situation keeps worsening in the country.
The decision has been taken considering the overall Covid-19 situation, imposition of strict lockdown and safety of teachers, students and staff, said a press release issued by the Education Ministry on Thursday night. It also said the decision taken as per the suggestions of the National Technical Advisory Committee on Covid-19 will be applicable for Ebtedayee and Qawmi madrasa, too.
Students will have to stay at home to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and online education will continue during the closure, the ministry said in a statement.
The government on March 17 last year closed all educational institutions, aiming to contain the spread of coronavirus. The closure led to the cancellation of public exams and left academic calendars in disarray.
The educational activities of around 40 million students are being hampered across the country due to the unprecedented disruption in academic activities.