Schoolgirl dies from snakebite in Barguna

Our Correspondent

2 July, 2021 12:00 AM printer

BARGUNA: A schoolgirl died from snakebite at Betagi upazila in the district on Wednesday.

Deceased Nipu Rani, 12, was a fifth grader of a local school. She was the daughter of Nikhil Samaddar, a resident of Khontakata village under Betagi union in the upazila.

It was learnt that a venomous snake bit Nipu when she was working in the kitchen of the house at about 11:00am.

Instantly, the family members took her to a local snake charmer but he could not give any treatment.

Later, they took her to Betagi Upazila Health Complex where she was referred to Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital (SBMCH) in Barishal

But, the SBMCH on-duty doctor declared her dead when she was shifted there.