College student dies from electrocution

Our Correspondent

15 June, 2021 12:00 AM printer

PATUAKHALI: A college student died from electrocution at Kalapara upazila in the district on Monday.

Deceased Monir Hawlader, 20, was an intermediate first year student at Kuakata Khanabad Degree College. He was the son of Alamgir Hawlader, a resident of Natunpara village under Dhulasar union in the upazila.

Locals said Monir came in contact with a live electric wire while fixing an electric motor in Tila area under the union, leaving him injured.

He was rescued and taken to Kalapara Upazila Health Complex where the on-duty doctor declared him dead.

Regarding the matter, Mohipur Police Station OC Md Moniruzzaman said an unnatural death case was filed in this connection

 


Top