Two die after inhaling toxic gas in Bhola

Our Correspondent

6 June, 2021 12:00 AM printer

BHOLA: Two workers died while three others fell sick after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank in the East Ilisha area under Sadar upazila of the district on Saturday morning.

The deceased have been identified as Abdul Malek, 45, and Jashim, 40.

Local people said the five workers had built the septic tank in Nirob Bulai’s house near Ponditer Pole area of East Ilisha a month ago.

On Saturday morning, Abdul Malek went to Nirob's house to inspect the newly built septic tank. Abdul first got down into the septic tank. When he failed to return, the others entered inside to check on him.

Later local people rescued all the five and rushed them to Sadar Hospital, where doctors declared Abdul Malek and Jashim dead, said medical officer Dr Amanullah.

Kabir and Shahabuddin are recuperating at the hospital, while Nabi has been released after first aid, the doctor said.

 


Top