JHALAKATHI: At least 35 shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at Koikhali Bazar in Kathalia upazila of Jhalakathi district on Monday.
The fire originated at a cosmetic shop around 7:00 am and spread soon.On information, two firefighting units rushed in and extinguished the fire.
The fire gutted pharmacy, grocery, electronics, computer stores, a hotel, wholesale market and tea stalls in the bazar.
Primarily, it is suspected that the fire might have originated from an electric short circuit.
The affected shop owners claimed that the fire might have gutted valuables worth Tk 6 crore.