3 of family injured in city fire

30 May, 2021 12:00 AM printer

Three people of a family sustained burns in a fire that broke out at their residence in the capital in the early hours of Saturday, reports UNB.

The blaze started at the tin-roofed house in Mohammadpur’s Nabaday housing society around 3am.

Md Sohel, 35, his wife Laboni Akhter, 30, and their two-year-old son Murshalin were injured.

Kabir Hossain, a tenant living next door, rushed to the house hearing the family’s screams. He managed to rescue the three and rushed them to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.

The fire might have started from a mosquito coil, he said.

Partho Shankar Pal, a resident physician at the burn and plastic surgery unit, said the victims are in critical condition. “Sohel sustained 75 percent burns, Labani 30 percent and the child 80 percent.”

 


Top