At least five people, including a man and his son, died after being electrocuted in Kishoreganj and Kurigram on Friday.
In Kishoreganj, three people died in Jaliapara village.They were identified as Harunur Rashid, 45, his son Bablu, 18, and Burhan Uddin’s son Shad, 8.
Locals said Shad kept his bicycle at a bamboo pole which was used to connect electricity in a house.
When he went to take his bicycle at 2:30pm, he got electrocuted.
Harunur Rashid and his son Bablu were electrocuted when they tried to rescue Shad. All of them were taken to Shaheed Syed nazrul Islam Medical College Hospital where doctors on duty declared them dead.
In Kurigram, two people died after being electrocuted and another was injured in Ulipur upazila.
The deceased were identified as Taiyab Ali, 46, and Hakim Uddin, 53 of Nagarpara village in Ulipur upazila.According to locals, Taiyab was repairing an electrical wire in his house while neighbour Hakim and his wife Asima Begum were assisting him, as there was no electricity supply.
All three were electrocuted when the wire suddenly became live.
The injured were rushed to Ulipur Upazila Health Complex. Doctors declared Taiyab and Hakim dead while Asima was being treated at the hospital.