Games to continue till govt notice on lockdown: BOA

Sports Correspondent

4 April, 2021 12:00 AM printer

Bangladesh Olympic Association Secretary General Syed Shahed Reza on Saturday informed that Bangabandhu Bangladesh Games will continue until they get government notice on lockdown.

“The Games will continue as per the fixture until we get any notice about lockdown from the government. The lockdown is expected to start from Monday and we have one more day. Hopefully, our 80 percent events will conclude by this time,” Reza told the reporters during a medal giving ceremony of athletics discipline at the Bangabandhu National Stadium.

Bangladesh are going to have a one-week lockdown from Monday as a top decision-maker of the government revealed it on Saturday.

The Games, which started on Thursday, was originally scheduled to be held in April last year but BOA postponed and rescheduled the meet due afterwards.

A total of 5,300 athletes are taking part in the ongoing meet. The athletes, who came from outside Dhaka to compete in the Games, will face consequences if the lockdown starts on Monday.

Reza claimed that they will take their responsibilities and will make arrangements for their return.

“No need to be worried about it. We will take their responsibilities and will make arrangements for their return,” he said.

 


Top