3 workers die after inhaling toxic gas in Bhola

Our Correspondent

15 March, 2021 12:00 AM printer

BHOLA: Three workers died reportedly after inhaling toxic gas while working inside a septic tank of an under-construction building of South-West Government Primary School in Chanchra Union of Tajumuddin upazila on Sunday morning.

The deceased were identified as Shamim, 23, and Rakib, 24, and a farmer Alauddin, 48.

Chanchra Union Parishad Chairman Abdul Hannan said the accident took place around at 12:00 noon.

Confirming the matter, Tajumuddin UNO Pallab Kumar Hazra said the deaths might have caused by inhalation of toxic gas.

Local sources said, Shamim and Rakib got down inside the tank at Dakshin Chanchra village around 12 noon and fell sick.

Hearing their cry for help, Alauddin rushed to the spot and fell down in the tank.

On information, fire fighters rushed to the spot and recovered the bodies.

The duty officer of Tajumuddin police station said that the police went to the spot after receiving the news.

 


Top