News in brief

Shop employee dies in Ctg fire

Staff Correspondent

3 January, 2021 12:00 AM printer

 CHATTOGRAM: An employee of a shop died in a fire that broke out at a business establishment at Banshkhali upazila in the district early on Saturday.

 The deceased was identified as Badsha Mia, 50, of Katharia area under the upazila.

Fire Service and Civil Defence (FSCD) sources said the fire broke out around 12:30am from an electrical short-circuit at a shop in Katharia Bazar under the upazila.

Chattogram Deputy Assistant Director (DAD) of FSCD Farid Ahmed Chowdhury said on receiving information, one unit from local fire station rushed to the spot and doused the fire at 2:15am.

 Badsha, an employee of the damaged shop, was burnt to death during the fire, he said.

 Besides, six tin-roofed shops of different owners were also gutted by the fire, he said.

 


Top