N'ganj Mosque Blast

2 more die, death toll now 33

Staff Correspondent

20 September, 2020 12:00 AM printer

Two more burn victims, who had been undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in the capital, died on Saturday, raising the death toll to 33.

The deceased are Md Farid, 50, and Abdul Aziz, 40, said Partho Shankar Paul, the institute’s resident physician.

Three other burn victims are receiving treatment at the hospital, he said.

Lone survivor Mamun Prodhan returned to his home from the institute several days ago as he made recovery.

Earlier on September 4, around 40 people were injured in the blast at a mosque in Narayanganj’s Fatullah after Esha prayer.

Of them, 37 were taken to the hospital in critical condition. Later, 33 of them died.

Gas accumulated from pipeline leakage inside the mosque is believed to be one of the causes for explosion.


Top