CHATTOGRAM: Two workers have died reportedly from toxic gas inside a water tank in the city’s Akbar Shah area on Sunday.
The deceased were identified as Moinuddin Raju, 30, and Md Khurshid Alam Rayhan, 27. They hailed from Lakshmipur and Noakhali districts.Officer-in-Charge (OC) Mostafizur Rahman of Akbar Shah police station said Raju and Rayhan entered a water tank of an under-construction building at around 9:00am.
Failing to get their response, locals informed the police of the incident.
Later, police in cooperation with the members of Fire Service and Civil Defense department recovered bodies of the workers from the tank, he said.
The duo might have died inhaling toxic gas inside the water tank, added the OC.