Kazi Anik banned for two years

Sports Correspondent

27 July, 2020 12:00 AM printer

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) on Sunday announced that it has banned promising left-arm pace bowler Kazi Anik for two years for failing in the dope test during National Cricket League (NCL).

Anik, who played in ICC Under-19 World Cup 2018 for Bangladesh and plays for Dhaka Metro, was withdrawn from BPL player's draft during the last edition after he failed the dope test.

“We have banned him from all forms of cricket under BCB jurisdiction,” said a top BCB official said on Sunday.

Anik took the substance during a NCL match on 2018 and he was sent a show-cause notice on February 8, 2019. His suspension sentence will be counted from that date.

BCB had earlier stated that they have decided to remove his name from the age-group structure of BCB as he was included in several age-level programmes.

daily sun understands that the left-arm pace bowler failed the dope test due to substance abuse.

According to BCB's anti-doping rule, it was stated in clause 10.3.2 for a violation of Article 2.4 (Whereabouts Failures) that is the cricketer's first offence, the period of Ineligibility imposed shall be two years subject to reduction down to a minimum of one year depending on the cricketer's degree of Fault.


Top