Youth dies from electrocution in Thakurgaon

13 July, 2020 12:00 AM printer

THAKURGAON: A young man died after being electrocuted at Baragaonunion of Thakurgaon sadar upazila on Sunday, reports BSS.

The deceased was identified as Jahangir Hossain, 37, son of Nuru Hossain of Chameshwari village in Baragaon union of the upazila.

Locals said Jahangir was seriously injured when he came in contact with an electric wire while blowing rice at his backyard with the help of an electric fan.

Later, he was taken to Thakurgaon Sadar Hospital where on duty doctor declared him dead.

Baragaon UP chairman Prabhat Kumar Roy confirmed the death.