Cupcakes are a favourite of the children. And this particular cupcake goes great with mango-lime filling and coconut cream cheese frosting. If you want to surprise your kids, prepare this one at home.
Ingredients• 2 cups white sugar
• 1 cup butter
• 4 eggs
• 1 tablespoon coconut extract
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups all-purpose flour• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
• 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
• 2 tablespoons freshly grated lime zest
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 36 cupcake cups with paper liners.
• Beat sugar and butter together in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until fluffy, for about 10 minutes.
• Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, adding coconut extract and vanilla extract with the last egg.
• Combine flour, 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and nutmeg in another bowl. Beat into the egg mixture until thoroughly combined; beat in buttermilk and lime juice. Stir in coconut and lime zest.
• Fill each of the prepared cupcake cups with about 1/4 cup of batter using a large cookie scoop.
• Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.