CHATTOGRAM: A youth was burnt to death in a fire at a house in Boalkhali upazila in the district on Saturday early hours.
The ill-fated was identified as Nurul Azim, 30, son of Mohammad Hossain of village Pashchim Gomdandi under the upazila.Sources said the fire broke out from electric short-circuit at a house and spread fast engulfing another adjoining house around 12:30am.
Nurul was sleeping with his family at one of the houses and got trapped.
Though his wife and children managed to escape the house, Nurul burnt to death in the fire, they said.
On information, two fire fighting units rushed to the spot and doused the fire after around two hours’ effort, said Officer Kritiranjan Barua of Fire Service and Civil Defence (FSCD) Boalkhali Station. Later, the charred body of Nurul was recovered from the house, he said adding that damages in the fire were estimated at Tk 1.5 lakh.