Read to learn more about tooth abscess. First of all, let’s talk about what a dental abscess is. Well, it’s a collection of pus inside the tissues of the body, usually accompanied by redness, swelling and pain. Pus is a liquid formed by dead white blood cells, bacteria and tissue debris.
There are some risks factors that can increase the risk of your tooth abscess.• Not taking proper care of your teeth and gums.
• Having a dry mouth can causes tooth decay.
• High sugar foods, drinks can cause dental cavity .
So, take good care of your teeth to avoid tooth decay you have to do these-
• Use fluoridated drinking water.
• Brush your teeth at least twice a day.• Use dental floss.
• Replace your toothbrush every three or four months.
• Eat limiting sugary items.
• Visit your dentist for regular checkups and professional cleanings.
• Use an antiseptic or a fluoride mouth wash. Now, you should know what are the treatment of dental abscess?
• Antibiotics are necessary for dental abscess.They help remove the infection, but they do not treat the cause of the infection
• Incision and drainage is a surgical technique performed to instantly relieve the pressure of an abscess.
• Root canal treatment is a way to effectively remove the cause of a dental abscess.
• If a root canal cannot provide a long-term solution and a tooth has a hopeless prognosis, the tooth must be extracted.
If you are not conscious about your abscess an infection may develop sepsis which is a life-threatening infection that spreads throughout your body. So, keep your smile in safe hands .
Dr Adily Adib Khan
Satmoshjid Super Market, BRTC Bus Stand,