Day labourer’s house gutted by fire in Sylhet

12 November, 2019 12:00 AM printer

SYLHET: The house of a day labourer was gutted in a fire at Baonpur Paschimpara village in Bishwanath upazila in Sylhet on Sunday, reports UNB.

Ashiqur Rahman, Khajanchi Union Bazar Committee general secretary, said the fire originated from an electric short-circuit at the house of Alkhas Ali in the area in the in the afternoon.

Locals tried to douse the fire but could not save the house of the day labourer, he added.

Alkhas and seven members of his family are now forced to live under the sky.

Rama Prosad Chakbarty, officer-in-charge of Bishwanath Police Station, said he had not been informed about the fire but he will look into it.


Top