CHATTOGRAM: A woman was electrocuted at Banshkhali upazila in the district early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Delwara Begum, 50, wife of Saleh Ahmed of village Purba Boilchhari under the upazila. Police said wild animals like elephants used to damage crops in the area.Farmers set electric trap with live electric wire to prevent the damage, he said. The woman came into contact with such a live electric wire while going to a farmland on Saturday morning. She was rushed to local Upazila Health Complex where she succumbed to her injuries.