Three members of a family sustained burn injuries after a fire broke out at their house in city’s Mirpur-13 area early Wednesday, reports UNB.
The victims are Md Hannan, 35, his wife Achia, 28, both garment workers, and her brother Uzzal, 30, an auto-rickshaw driver.Neighbour Samsul said they suspected the fire broke out from an electrical short-circuit around 3:00 am.
Later, they were taken to the burn unit of the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Hannan suffered 27 percent burns while his brother-in-law sustained 35 percent burn injuries. Achia sustained four percent burns, Inspector Bacchu Mia of DMCH police camp said, quoting doctors.