Eight people suffer burns, as bus catches fire in city

Staff Correspondent

21 February, 2019 12:00 AM printer

At least eight people, including several bus passengers, suffered burns when it caught fire from a leaked gas pipeline in the city’s Dhanmondi on Wednesday.

Of the injured, two were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.

Mizanur Rahman, officer of fire service control room, said that the fire took place in front of Sunrise Plaza around 3:35 pm.

On receiving information, two fire-fighting units rushed in and doused the fire.