There are so many people who shy away from shrimps while there are many others who are crazy about shrimp dishes. This one is such a delicious dish that may make even shrimp-haters fall in love with shrimp. However every time you make it, you will have people begging you for the recipe.
• 2 teaspoons ground paprika
• 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup olive oil• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
• 2 pounds large shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
• Whisk the paprika, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil, and brown sugar together in a bowl until thoroughly blended.
• Stir in the shrimp, and toss to evenly coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning once.
• Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
• Remove shrimp from marinade, drain excess, and discard marinade.
• Place shrimp on preheated grill and cook, turning once, until opaque in the center, for 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately.