A weak kidney is a kidney that doesn't functioning optimally due to disease or injury. Our kidneys remove wastes and extra fluids from the body and maintain a healthy balance of water, salts and minerals.
Home remedies to improve kidney function:
1. Use lemon juice and eat foods high in vitamin C: You may regularly add freshly squeezed lemons to your drinks. Lemons and vitamin C-rich meals including citrus fruits, broccoli, cucumbers, and green leafy vegetables are useful for maintaining kidney function. These have citrate, a substance that stops calcium stones from developing. Small stones can also be broken up by citrate, letting them to pass more rapidly.
2. Steer clear of salt-added goods
3. Select foods with less potassium: Bananas, oranges, potatoes, spinach, and tomatoes are examples of foods high in potassium. Apples, cabbage, carrots, green beans, grapes, and strawberries are a few examples of low-potassium foods. You should typically avoid salt replacements if you have renal problems since many of them include potassium.
4. Cut back on your protein intake
5. Celery juice: Celery juice aids with kidney function improvement. Celery juice contains mineral salts that both maintain and enhance kidney function. We advise consuming 1-2 glasses daily before large meals (30 min before).
Source: Hindustan Times