Thursday, 2 February, 2023
E-paper

Student electrocuted to death while hanging Brazil flag in Kushtia

A 14-year-old madrasa boy was electrocuted while trying to tie the Brazil flag to a tree near his house on Tuesday.

"The accident occurred in Pitambar Bashi village of Panti Union of the upazila.

"Mithu Sheikh, son of Shahid Sheikh in the area," Md. Mohsin Hossain, officer-in-charge of Kumarkhali police station, said.

Mithu was a student of class nine of Dansa Mahur Ali Dakhil Madrasa.

Mithu climbed the tree to hang the Brazilian flag on the top of the betel nut tree around 1:20 pm. At that time, he got electrified and fell from the tree. Locals rescued him and took him to Kushtia General Hospital where doctors declared him dead, added the OC.