The importance of a preventive lifestyle cannot be overstated especially today when non-communicable diseases like diabetes and heart problems are on the rise, Hindustan Times reported.
Check out these easy ways to increase heart age and health: Dr Vishal Sehgal, President of Portea Medical, advised-
- Make sure your diet is rich in fruits, vegetables and multigrain. All these are rich sources of antioxidants and beneficial for the heart.
- It is also important to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
- As you near the age of 30, regular health checkups should also become an integral part of your routine. This is where home healthcare companies can come as an enabler.
- The absence of awareness among the general population about cardiac disease, its causes or even symptoms is leading to preventable morbidity and mortality.
- Regular screening to recognize the possibility of CVD, setting the stage for early detection and averting complications is imperative.
- POC devices that use AIML to detect a host of illnesses. The time has come for POC devices to lead the transformation of the healthcare industry.
- A 12-lead ECG combined with cardiac inflammatory markers can be used in conjunction with a clinical presentation to detect even a heart attack!
According to Dr Manthan Mehta, Program Head (Hypertension and CV) at Fitterfly:
- High blood sugar can damage blood vessels and nerves that control the heart.
- High blood pressure can make the heart work doubly hard, thereby putting pressure on it.
The idea is to keep the associated health conditions under control for better heart health which can then pave the way for overall wellness.